Circuital prototypes: INR 30,000/20,000/10,000
Prize Money worth up to INR 60,000
Form a group, brainstorm and formalise the objectives of your idea. The idea must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be within the realm of Science and Technology
- The result of your idea must be a tangible product or a demonstrable service.
- Must be original, addressing social problems, industrial needs, day to day utility or recreation.
- A panel will scrutinise the idea, and if deemed feasible and worthy, will be green-lighted for further pursuit.
- The second round will be held on 19th February 2021, wherein all the teams will be required to present a comprehensive proposal, progress log and expenditure report for the prototype. All of this should adhere to the ruleset of a formal report.
- After systematic reviews, the complete presentation along with the working model/ demonstration must be ready by the last week of February 2021, following which it will be showcased during Pragyan '21.
“This competition is to encourage young minds and innovations. I came up with the project titled "Conversion of Waste Heat into Electricity using Thermoelectric Arrangement ". The idea of this project is to increase the efficiency of Electrical motors which has a lot of applications both on industrial and agricultural platforms. At Ingenium, I got an opportunity to showcase and discuss my project with the engineers from CATERPILLAR. I came to know the scope of the project and the further developments to be done. Pragyan helped me a lot to mingle with young minds from different colleges. Finally, I am very thankful to the organisers of INGENIUM for their patience. Hope Ingenium continues with a blooming response.”
“Our project name is “Smart helmet”. Nowadays, the numbers of road accidents are rapidly increasing and around 60% of the accidents result in death. Although police made wearing helmet compulsory, people ignored these rules in areas where police checks were not made. So in our project, we tried to solve these difficulties by making the vehicle check for the helmet in riders’ head and ensure that the rider is not drunk automatically, only if these conditions are true, the bike will start. Also, in case of an accident, we will be sensing that using vibration sensors and the system will automatically send a message to preloaded mobile numbers with GPS location of the accident and vehicle number. This can provide instant help to them. By participating in Ingenium of Pragyan ’18, we got an opportunity to explain our project to different types of people and we got few suggestions that can make our project better. We are happy to be a part of Pragyan and winning in one of the best colleges in Tamil Nadu. It has increased our level of confidence and helped us to proceed further. Thank you so much.”
“Our project was on the topic "Smart Guide". We chose this project to help the visually challenged person all around the world by guiding them during their walk. As a team with full cooperation from everyone, we worked on this project. The project was mentored by the faculty members of our institution. Ingenium and Pragyan helped us exhibit our project and to showcase our skills to everyone. Winning prize in Ingenium brought laurels to the project and to the institution. Ingenium and Pragyan helped to prove our self by challenging in the National Level Project Expo.”